blueberry muffins and snow days
When the bold branches
bid farewell to rainbow leaves –
welcome wool sweaters.
*Originally from Nigella Lawson’s How to Be a Domestic Goddess cookbook*
SNOW DAY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/3 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup of sugar
a pinch of salt
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 large egg
¾ pint of fresh blueberries
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all of your dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate small bowl beat together the yogurt, egg, and melted butter
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and with a wooden spoon mix gently to combine the two (lumps are ok!)
- Fold in the blueberries gently
- Grease and flour a muffin tin liberally. Spoon the batter into muffin tins and bake for EXACTLY 20 minutes, no more. Use a fork to get the finished muffins out!
- Eat warm, with butter. Or for an afternoon snack. Or on the way out of the door. Or for dinner after driving home in the snow at 10 mph the whole way for half and hour. Mmmmm!